Chubby cheeks, dimple chin
Rosy lips, teeth within
Curly hair, very fair
Eyes are blue, lovely too!
Beautiful and rosy lips add glamour to the face and make your smile even more beautiful. And just like us, most of you want to have rosy lips that enhance your beauty.
We have searched for several websites to know “what can I do to make my lips pink” and trust me it helped. There are many moisturizers and homemade remedies that could help get pink lips. Sharing below some amazing, tried, and tested remedies that work best to get rid of dark lips.
1. Honey and Lemon Juice Serum
Honey is a natural ingredient that can be applied to your lips and lemon has bleaching agent properties that can treat dark patches and tan from your lips. Make a serum using these two ingredients and get pink and smooth lips.
How to make the honey and lemon serum?
- Mix an equal amount of lemon juice and honey
- Coat your lips with this serum
- Leave for an hour
- Wipe off with a soft wet cloth
Follow this process 2-3 times a day or before going to sleep to remove tan and pigmentation. This serum can be refrigerated and used for a week long.
2. Stay Hydrated
Since our childhood, we have often heard how important it is to stay hydrated and drink enough water. It not only helps you get glowing skin, good health but helps you get rid of black lips too.
Drinking enough water keeps you away from dehydration which causes dark lips. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day to keep your lips rosy. If you cannot drink water at once, start drinking water in time intervals following this simple routine:
- Drink 2 glasses of water when you wake up
- Drink 1 glass of water around mid-noon
- Drink 1 glass of water half an hour before taking your meals and 1 glass after half an hour of your meals.
- Drink at least 1 glass of water before going to bed.
This makes it easy to drink enough water and stay hydrated.
3. Glycerin to your rescue
Many of us know that glycerin is useful for skincare, but very few know how glycerin can be used to get rid of dark lips. You can apply Glycerin on your lips with a cotton bud before you go to bed and let it stay overnight. It helps retain moisture on your lips.
You can also make a mixture using Glycerin and other ingredients like:
- Mix ½ Tablespoon of glycerin, ½ tablespoon of lemon juice, and ½ tablespoon of castor oil.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Apply a coat of this mixture above and leave it overnight.
4. Rose petals for rosy lips
Roses are red, the sky is blue
But do you know, roses can solve your problems too!
Want to know how to make black lips pink? There are different remedies mentioned below where rose petals can be used to give amazing results.
#1 Remedy of Rose Petals
- Make a paste by crushing rose petals and then blending it with butter.
- Apply the paste on your lips and scrub a little.
- Continue this paste twice s a week for the endeavoring results.
This remedy decreases the darkness of your lips and promotes rosy lips, the one you have always desired for!
#2 Remedy of Rose Petals
- Soak 4 to 5 rose petals in raw milk for a few hours.
- Grind the rose petals to make a paste; you can even add few drops of both, glycerin and honey.
- Dab this paste on your lips and let it stay there for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes rub off your lips using milk.
- Apply this mixture twice a day to get rosy and pink lips.
#3 Remedy of Rose Petals
- Mix a few drops of rose water and honey to get pink lips
- Crush a few rose petals and mix them with a little amount of castor oil and glycerin to lighten your dark lips.
Did you ever use beetroot on your lips to give them a pinkish stain? If not, then you must try to make your lips pink and rosy. Here’s how you can apply beetroot and get pink lips naturally!
- Simply massage your lips with a juicy piece of beetroot; it will remove tan from the lips naturally.
- Squeeze a beetroot and extract juice from it. Apply the juice on your lips and see pink lips are all yours in a few days. Practice this remedy every day and see the difference.
- Dry the beetroot pieces in the sun and grind them nicely in a grinder. Mix the powder with rose water and apply it to your lips. It makes your lips red and soft.
You can even add glycerin to this mixture; it makes for wonderful lip balm.
6. Ice Cubes
Ice cubes not only hydrate your lips but also make them plump. It keeps your lips nourished, moisturized, and fresh.
Massaging ice cubes over your lips flourish your blood flow to lips which makes your lips look more red and fair.
7. Sugar Scrub
Powder sugar can be used to exfoliate your lips and get that perfect lips.
How to prepare a sugar scrub for your lips?
- Take 3 tablespoons of sugar powder and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Mix it well and form a thick paste.
- Use this paste to scrub over the lips and get natural pink lips.
- You can also mix 5 to 6 drops of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar, and scrub this mixture on your lips to exfoliate your lips.
Sugar removes the dark layer of the lips and butter helps to improve the lip color and turns it pink. Try this scrub two or three times a week for lighter lips.
8. Bristled Toothbrush
If you are looking for ways to how to get rid of black lips then bristled toothbrush is another easy remedy for you. It removes the chapped and dry skin around your lips by scrubbing it.
When to use a bristled toothbrush to achieve pink lips?
Use your toothbrush before going to bed every night. Simply scrub your bristled toothbrush softly and remove the flaky dead skin from your lips and make them look fresh and pink.
9. The Power of Pomegranates
Pomegranates are one of the good and natural homemade remedies to lighten dark, dull lips and get rosy ones.
How to use Pomegranates to get clear pink lips?
- Crush the pomegranate seeds and mix some cream or butter in them.
- Apply this paste to your lips.
- Before leaving the paste on your lips, scrub it for a while.
- Rinse off the scrub with a soft washcloth.
This remedy will lighten your dark lips, and make your lips more beautiful. You can even add milk and rose petals in the pomegranate juice, and then scrub your lips with this paste. It will give you amazingly pink results.
10. Cucumber Juice
Cucumbers are the best skin-friendly products; they not only provide moisture to your skin but also lighten your skin tone. Cucumber juice is one of the essential ingredients that help you reduce the darkness of your lips and make them pink.
How Cucumber can be used to lighten the dark lip color?
- Extract the cucumber juice and apply it daily to make your lips rosy.
- You can even rub a slice of cucumber against your lips and let the juice soak on.
- Do any of this remedy above for five minutes each day and see how you can lighten your dark lips to a beautiful pink color.
Saffron, which is well known for healing dark lips and giving you smooth and glowing skin also makes your lips go pink.
How Saffron can be used to lighten your dark lips?
- Mix a few strands of saffron, fresh cream, yogurt, and butter.
- Apply the mixture to your lips.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before you rinse it off.
You can also combine saffron with rose petals and glycerin to lessen the darkness of lips.
There are a few other recipes in brief:
- Milk Cream: Mix milk cream and saffron and apply the mixture on your lips several times a day to get those pink lips.
- Strawberry Juice: You can extract the juice from strawberry and apply it directly on your lips or add 2 tablespoons of petroleum jelly with few drops of strawberry juice and apply it on your lips. This mixture can be used as a lip balm for you.
- Oil: Olive oil, mustard oil, tea tree oil, almond oil, and clove oil all have amazing results in giving you healthy and pink lips, and that too without any side effects. Apply any one of them before going to sleep every night.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera gel restores the original color and makes your lips soft.
- Almonds: Almonds help remove the dead skin from your lips and lighten your lip color.
- Orange peel: Orange peel cleanses the skin of your lips and lightens the color of your lips making them pink.
- Potatoes: Potatoes help you get rid of the dark lips. Rub potato slice on your lips every day and get rosy lips.
- Turmeric: Who doesn’t know about all the skin and health benefits of turmeric. Now it’s time to know that this super spice can lighten your dark lips too. Mix turmeric powder and milk cream to achieve great results.
- Ghee: Apply homemade ghee on your lips every night before going to bed and keep them moisturized.
- Coriander leaves: Rub the paste of coriander leaves on your lips before going to bed to lighten the dark lips.
Things you should keep in mind!
- Take a lip balm along with you anywhere you go and keep your lips moisturized.
- If you want to use any lip balm, make sure it has SPF in it.
- Do not bite or lick your lips, it makes your lips dark.
- Avoid drinking tea and coffee.
- Quit Smoking, it is not only injurious to your health but also darkens your lips.
- Do not use any lower-quality lip cosmetics.
- Do not get obsessed with your lipsticks, keep your lips bare sometimes and let them breathe.
- Remove your lipstick and your entire makeup before you go to sleep.
- Take a healthy diet adding all vital vitamins and minerals.
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water daily to flush out the toxins from your body and keep it hydrated.
It’s not at all difficult to get pink lips naturally, at home. There are a number of remedies that are not only easy but 100% effective to get those pink lips. Try the mentioned above remedies that are most suitable and easier for you and do share in the comments about your experience using them.
Go pink and show off your beautiful smile!