Going back to the time when my grandma used to eat aloe vera and narrate the valuable stories allied to the same. She used to hearten me as well to eat aloe vera. I have often heard her saying “if you don’t want to eat it, you can apply it on the face; it will give you glowing skin”. I never gave a second thought to it, but now when I see my tanned and patchy skin then the desire to try aloe vera has enlightened me. Now I wanted to know the benefits of aloe vera and the natural face masks for glowing skin.
I searched on the internet for “how to get glowing skin at home”, “how to make an aloe vera face mask”, what are the benefits of aloe vera juice, and many others. I was astonished to see the various benefits that it has. I still remember the beautiful and glowing face of my grandma, and now I know to whom should I give credit: Aloe Vera!
Aloe Vera is also known as a “magical plant” that contains many miraculous compounds like lectins, mannans, and polysaccharides. Being high in water content, minerals, vitamins, and other compounds, it works amazingly on the skin.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera reduces pain and infections, both internally and externally.
- It treats sunburns, chronic wounds, insect bites, and eczema.
- It hydrates and rejuvenates your skin.
- It deals with acne and pimples.
- It has anti-aging properties.
- It is a rich source of antioxidants which are good for our health.
- It gives you relief from burning sensations.
Now we are aware that aloe vera is very healthy for our skin and overall health and gives us numerous benefits to count on. We have also listed a few homemade facial masks for glowing skin. Read below in detail to know how they are made:
1. Aloe Vera Face Pack for Glowing Skin
Ingredients: Take Aloe Vera, Rosewater, Turmeric, Milk, and Honey as ingredients.
How is it prepared?
- Take a bowl and mix 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of milk, a pinch of turmeric, and a few drops of rose water.
- Add aloe vera gel to the paste and blend it well.
- Apply the paste evenly to your neck and face.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes rinse it off with lukewarm or cold water.
2. Aloe Vera Face pack for Pigmentation
Pigmentation is a skin disorder and one of the most embarrassing troubles ever. If you have been suffering from the same trouble, try using this homemade facial pack to get rid of pigmentation.
Homemade facial pack for Pigmentation
- Gently apply aloe vera gel or juice directly to the affected area of your skin.
- Leave it for 15 minutes
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
Rubbing aloe vera gel would effectively lighten your dark spots and restores the natural color of your skin as it contains mucilaginous polysaccharides.
Homemade facial pack for Pigmentation
- Take Aloe Vera, Rosewater, and Cucumber
- Blend a few pieces of cucumber to make a paste.
- Add a few drops of rose water and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel to the paste.
- Mix it well and apply the mixture to your affected area.
- Rinse the pack with lukewarm water after 30 minutes of stay.
Cucumber and Aloe vera used in the face pack lightens your pigmentation, removes the extra oil, and give your skin a radiant and fresh look. And on the other side, rose water helps to fight infections and pigmentation.
3. Aloe Vera Face Pack for Tanning
Whether we have covered our face with a scarf throughout the journey or have applied sunscreen lotion, we still face the problem of tanning. Our face looks uneven and the signs are visible to all. We often think “how to get rid of this tan”? Well, the answer is “with aloe vera”. Yes, the homemade face packs of aloe vera make it easy to eradicate the suntan.
Homemade facial pack for Sun Tan
- Take aloe vera gel, lemon juice, and orange peel as ingredients.
- Catch a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of orange peel powder, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You can also make a paste using lemon juice and aloe vera gel only if you don’t want to use orange peel powder.
- Mix the ingredients nicely and make a smooth paste of it.
- Set the mixture on the affected area and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Later rinse the pack with lukewarm water.
It also heals redness and rashes that are caused by sunburn.
4. Aloe Vera Face Pack for Exfoliation
Aloe vera works superbly for the exfoliation of the skin. It removes dirt, excess oil, and dead skin trapped in the pores and makes your skin more soft and healthy.
Homemade facial pack for Exfoliation
- Take aloe vera gel and brown sugar as ingredients.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon of ground brown sugar and make a paste of it.
- Take a little amount of this paste and gently scrub your face and neck for 3-4 minutes.
- Also, scrub a little more on your T-zone as these areas are more prone to black and whiteheads (the T-zone consists of your forehead, nose, and chin).
5. Aloe Vera Face Pack for Acne and Pimples
We spend a lot of money at the clinic or salons and use several creams to treat acne and pimples but hardly any cream or treatment helps to overcome this problem entirely. But aloe vera has been giving the best results to treat acne and pimples. Try its natural face masks to see the upshot.
Homemade facial pack for Acne and Pimples
- Take Aloe Vera gel, Neem leaves and Tulsi leaves as ingredients to make the pack.
- Grind a handful of tulsi and neem leaves using water to make a smooth paste of it.
- Add 2 teaspoons of aloe vera to the paste and mix it properly.
- Apply the blend to the affected area.
- Rinse with lukewarm water once the paste is completely dry.
- Thump dry your face with a fresh and clean towel.
6. Aloe Vera Face Pack for Dry Skin
Want to get rid of dry skin? Try this easy and effective homemade face pack for Dry Skin!
Homemade facial pack for Dry Skin
- Take Lemon, aloe vera, cucumber, cottage cheese, and dates as substances.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel, 1 tablespoon of seedless dates paste, and 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese or butter in a bowl or container.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of cucumber juice into the paste.
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply the paste to your skin.
- Rinse off the paste with cold water after 10 minutes.
7. Aloe Vera Face Pack for Oily Skin
Aloe vera is an excellent invigorator for oily and greasy skin. I am sure you must be wondering “How is it possible” or many such questions. Apply this face pack and get answers to all your questions.
Homemade facial pack for Oily Skin
- Take aloe vera and honey as ingredients.
- Boil the aloe vera leaves in water and then grind them to make a smooth paste.
- Make sure you remove the thorns before you boil the leaves.
- Add some honey to the mixture and apply the paste.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes before you rinse it with water.
Use the face pack once a week to get desired results.