Waxing had been an integral part of a woman’s life. It is used for ages and has been categorized as one of the necessary commodities for woman’s beauty. The unnecessary hair on your skin sometimes creates a rift with you and the chaos. Well, because who wants to have unnecessary hair all over their body, right?
Nowadays, there are different types of wax available in the market, some of them are – hard, soft, chocolate, fruit, sugar, cold, hot, aloe vera, etc. Moreover, you can also find a variety of flavours in it like cocoa, shea butter, aloe, fruit, plum, cherry, etc
Five types of wax that are safe for your skin:
The Hot Wax
This most commonly available wax is used after heating the granules of a wax. It’s later used with the help of disposable strips to remove unwanted hair.
You just have to spread it over your skin, press it a little, and pull the stripe in the direction of your hair growth. It’s one of the most effective ways of waxing to remove your hair from underarms, hands, and feet, or even facial hair.
There’s a variety of hot wax available in the market – you can opt for Brazilian, Hollywood, Beans, and many more. Just keep in mind that sometimes, as it opens up the pores for easy hair removal, it can also cause burns and inflammation on sensitive skin.
So consult and research about the type of wax you want to select before using it.
The Cold Wax
It’s mostly similar to hot wax, with just one difference that you don’t have to heat it. It is ready to use wax that you can directly apply with the help of a wooden spatula after opening up the wax can. Moreover, if your skin is sensitive to the heat, then the cold wax can be suited best for you. Just like hot wax, it removes your unnecessary hair from the skin, leaving a smooth, soft, and glowing skin behind.
Unlike hot wax, you don’t have to wait for the hair setting before striping them out. Just apply, strip, and pull.
There are also ready to use wax strips available in the market. Whenever you are in a hurry and don’t have much time to visit a salon or heat the wax, you can go for cold wax strips. You just have to apply them to the area, rub it a little and pull the strip.
These wax strips are very travel friendly and a great time saver. You just have to choose the wax kit according to your skin, that’s it.
The Hard Wax
Hard wax is just like hot wax. The basic difference is that you don’t use strips here. The wax layer becomes hard in itself soon after applying that you can actually pull out that layer easily. It removes tan as well as regulates hair growth, making them unable to grow back quickly.
Hard wax opens up the pores of hair follicles and hence makes them harder after applying and is not flexible enough, that’s why a hard Wax is least recommended for hand and feet hair removal. Instead, use it for facial as well as other smaller regions. Moreover, you can buy your wax in many forms, including beads and sheets, you can also choose from the varied flavours available – chocolate, blueberry, etc.
How to use hard wax?
- Heat the wax-up to the proper temperature
- Apply over your skin.
- Make sure that the temperature is not hot enough to burn your skin.
- Apply it to your skin, and pull it off after a few seconds.
The Sugar Wax
Sugar-was is an all-time favorite wax. It’s a natural method of hair removal with no side effects. To prepare the wax at home naturally, you only require these three essential household ingredients – Sugar, Water, and Lemon.
Just heat the sugar on the stove, stir and mix like juice, and then add a bit of water.
The thickness should be appropriate and up to an approvable level. You just have to take care of the consistency as sugar and water hardens after cooling. So add adequate water, not too much and not too little. If you don’t want to use lemon, you can use vinegar too.
Since this method contains all-natural products, therefore, it will never cause any inflammation or any other bruises on your skin. Instead, you will have a sleek, smooth skin with a glowing texture. Moreover, you can also use this wax for your face, feet, hands, and other parts of your body. No more hassle except that you have to make this at home. Otherwise, this is one of the best and natural hair removal methods for you.
Moreover, you can also use it as a reusable gummy or hard wax that you can reuse for other parts. Hence, if you are running short of any wax material currently, especially now when we are hardly going out of our houses, this can be a perfect alternative.
The Fruit Wax
If you want a natural and gentle way of protecting your skin against unwanted hair follicles, then there’s nothing better than a fruit wax for your skin. Loaded with lots of fruit extracts including plums and berries, this hard wax coating with the fruit touch can leave your skin with a glossy and moist texture without any bruises. Though fruit waxes are a type of hard wax, yet they are way gentler and soothe your skin than any other wax type.
Covered with fruit extracts that help to nourish your skin with antioxidants and minerals, these are best for your skin. Though they may be costlier than other waxes, yet they are far more effective and good for your skin.
Easy to apply, the use of direction are the same as above. The only thing is that you have to heat this a little, then scoop out the wax with the help of a wooden spatula, and apply over your skin. The plus point for a fruit wax is that they are great for sensitive skin also. Gone are the days where you have to bother about getting rashes and pigments after any heated wax therapy.
The natural ingredients and antioxidants present in this will help to nourish your skin and remove any bruise marks that occurred due to the wax.
Pros and Cons of a Waxing
Waxing symbolizes the mark of beauty and hygiene, and we suggest you consider a few specific pros and cons before doing out any waxing sessions.
· Waxing helps in removing your unwanted hair and dead skin cells and opens up the clogged skin pores and provides a glossy and glowing texture to the skin.
· Skin becomes more soft and smooth. Proper hygiene can be maintained after you remove all the unwanted hair from the skin
· Removes tan. Tanned skin can get treated with the help of an appropriate session of wax. Moreover, since it removes the dead skin cells from the surface, you get soft and glowing skin.
· Your hair will grow to be less thick and denser. There will be no more impenetrable and prickly ends of hair. Instead, you will get a thin layer of hair that you can remove easily.
· You avoid the usual cuts and bruises you get after trimming or shaving your hair. Instead of growing out thicker hair and with more intensity, you get lesser hair and that too after longer intervals. Hence, you save your time.
· Though your skin gets smooth and soft, yet the pores become more open and prone to any fungal or bacterial infections. Hence chances of getting an infection increases if you don’t properly take care of your skin.
· Your get bruises and burns while using hot wax: Even it OES out the skin layer sometimes. Therefore, you have to be very careful or trained while waxing.
· Messy process: Since the material we use for waxing is gluey and sticky, it gets messier when applying it to the larger surface. Continuous use makes it stick over the skin surface, and therefore, it adds up to the norm time of a wax.
· Ingrown hair: The ingrown hair is the broken hair follicles that continue to grow inside the skin and cause itchiness and swollen bumps. Sometimes they also result in boils. Therefore it is necessary to carry your waxing efficiently.
· Painful process: The hair removal with strip or hard wax is very painful as it pulls the hair follicles out of your skin. It becomes more painful when hair follicles are thicker.
Though waxing comes with several pros and cons, yet it is beneficial in a lot more ways. Personal hygiene is very necessary, and so is personal grooming. So whenever and wherever possible, try out the sessions under expert guidance.
Edited & Published By Team WomenXO